Amazon Pay Later is an offer from Amazon India, which is recently introduced for giving relief to people who are going through the financial crisis in this hard time.
The first question which might come to your mind is, What exactly is Amazon Pay Later?
Amazon Pay later is a revised version of Amazon Pay EMI which was introduced by Amazon back in September 2018.
So, as the name suggests it is an offer that allows a buyer to pay his/her bill after a specific time of purchasing his/her desired items from Amazon.
Amazon Pay Later, in short words, means that you can purchase any listed item on Amazon and Pay for it in a subsequent month. Following is the simple example of Payment Window, which Amazon offers you.
For instance, if you buy certain products availing Amazon Pay Later between 1st to 15th of a specific month, then you have to pay the amount till the 5th of the Coming month.
(You buy products on the 7th of January 2020, for example, Then you pay the amount on or before 5th of February 2020.)
If you buy products between 15th to 30th of a specific month, then you pay the amount till the 5th of the nest to the subsequent month.
(You buy products on the 20th of January 2020. In that case, you pay the amount on or before the 5th of March 2020.)
Amazon Pay Later Benefits:
- Get an instant decision on your credit limit by the lender.
- Credit card details not required.
- No processing or cancellation fee.
- No Pre-Closure charges.
- Seamless checkout on Amazon.in using Amazon Later Payment option.
- Simplified tracking of expenses and repayments on the EMI specific dashboards.
NOTE: Amazon Pay Later offer is not applicable for every customer out there; there are some specific steps you have to follow to check whether you are eligible for this offer.
Following are the Tenure options for Amazon Pay Later:
How to apply for Amazon Pay Later:
- First and Foremost thing, Everyone is not eligible for this service. As we all know, not everyone is eligible for applying for a loan in a bank. Similarly, this service is just like a loan, So there is specific criteria in which you should fall before using for this service.
- Go to Amazon Mobile App, Search for Amazon Pay Later if you don’t see it on the home screen of the app, once you search click on it to check if you are eligible.
- If you are Eligible, You have to go through a KYC to activate this service. There are two ways through which you can complete your KYC with Amazon.
1.) Existing KYC Verification on Amazon
2.) OTP Based eKYC option.
- You need to have a PAN Card in both cases.
What is the eligibility criteria for Amazon Pay Later?
- You need to have an Amazon. In account with a verified mobile number.
- Valid permanent account number (PAN) card.
- Bank account with one of the selected banks.
- One of the officially valid documents as address proof – Driving license, Voter ID card, Aadhaar, Utility Bills (not older than 60 days), Passport.
- You must be 23 years of age or above.
- Further eligibility is decided basis information already available with Amazon and your credit bureau history.
Is PAN Card Mandatory?
PAN number is mandatory for completing Know Your Customer (KYC) checks. If you don’t have a PAN, you will not be able to complete the registration and hence not be able to avail Amazon Pay Later.
Do I have to make multiple payments in case I have placed more than one order using Amazon Pay Later?
We will club monthly installments across all your purchases made using Amazon Pay Later into one total EMI amount.
How does the Amazon Pay Later repayment work?
Amazon Pay Later repayment can happen in two ways: (i) Auto repayment: which is a one-time setup during registration, or at the time of first purchase using Amazon Pay Later or from Amazon Pay Later dashboard. (ii) Manual repayment function from Amazon Pay Later dashboard for standard repayment of the installments or full outstanding balance through debit card, UPI, or net-banking of any bank.
Note: Rupay credit cards are not supported for auto repayment setup.
Will I incur any late payment fees/penalties for delayed payments?
Late payment charges (inclusive of taxes) – The numbers under DPD slabs is cumulative
Why is my Amazon Pay Later account blocked?
Your Amazon Pay Later account can be blocked due to multiple reasons:
- Your KYC has expired.
- You have overdue payments, or your repayment was posting 30 days past the due date.
- Violation of internal Amazon Policies.
- Due to our lending partner’s internal policies.
- Due to breach of Amazon Pay Later T&Cs
How can I cancel my Amazon Pay Later account?
To cancel your Amazon Pay Later account, you’ll have to ensure that all the outstanding dues are cleared. Only if there are no outstanding dues, we will be able to process account cancellation requests.
I believe that this post cleared all your doubts and queries regarding the latest Amazon Pay Later.
This Service is just like Paytm Postpaid service, the benefit here is you can divide your bills in EMI’s with Zero interest.
Freebie: You can visit our other pages to get answers for all the quizzes amazon introduces regularly.